Pedaling for PD-Balance and Cycling
December 11 @ 9:30 am - 10:45 am
HELPING YOU LIVE BETTER
Pedaling for Parkinson’s classes:
Bellingham YMCA: 4th Floor, Studio Two
Please note: All Pedaling for Parksinson’s participants and caregivers/spouses must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to participate in class. Please stop by the Welcome Desk to show your vaccine card.
Face masks are OPTIONAL for all individuals. Please be respectful of everyone’s choices. We are all in this together.
Pedaling a bicycle may change the life of someone with Parkinson’s disease. Research conducted at the Cleveland Clinic showed a 35% reduction in symptoms by the simple act of pedaling a bicycle at a rapid pace – optimally, 80-90 revolutions per minute. Fast pedaling is not a cure of Parkinson’s disease but it is changing the lives of increasing numbers of participants who, before, had no hope beyond medication and eventually surgery to slow the progression of their disease.
PEDALING FOR PARKINSON’S NWPF (Flyer)
You should participate if you are:
- Are between 18 – 75 years
- Have been diagnosed with Idiopathic Parkinson’s Disease
- Are willing to complete and submit signed consent form and medical clearance
- Agree to periodic progress monitoring
- Do not have cardiac or pulmonary disease, uncontrolled diabetes mellitus, uncontrolled hypertension, or stroke, dementia, other medical conditions that are contraindicative to exercise.
Pedaling for Parkinson’s is included in YMCA Membership.
For more information and to register contact Tammy Bennett, 360-255-0490, or email@example.com.