Parkinson’s disease is a movement disorder with symptoms of slowness, rigidity, tremor and changes with walking.
Exercise will improve these symptoms and more.
There are many reasons to exercise:
- Reduce your movement symptoms
- Reduce or prevent nonmotor problems
- Thinking skills
- Prevent or delay future symptoms of disease progression
- General health and disease prevention
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Neuroplasticity and possible Neuroprotection
- Neuroplasticity- enhance brain activity and function
- Neuroprotection- protect volnerable dopamine nerve cells from cell dealth .
Learn about these topics and more in the blog section. You can also track your exercise activities in:
Monique L. Giroux, MD
Guest Blogger, Former Medical Director of NWPF